Hong Kong shares to open down, China Life Insurance slides
HONG KONG Jan 8 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares are set to start lower on Tuesday dragged by a 1.1 percent loss for China Life Insurance, topping losses among Chinese financials among Hang Seng Index components.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open down 0.3 percent at 23,264 points. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to start down 0.5 percent.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’