Indian shares end up; Defensives, SBI gain
MUMBAI, Jan 8 (Reuters) - Indian shares ended higher on Tuesday led by gains in defensive shares including index heavyweight ITC Ltd and as State Bank of India rose after BofA Merrill upgraded the stock. ITC shares gained 2.13 percent while SBI ended 1.3 percent higher. The BSE index provisionally ended up 0.28 percent and the NSE index also closed 0.24 percent higher. (Reporting by Manoj Dharra; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins