Seoul shares dip as Samsung profit guidance underwhelms
SEOUL Jan 8 (Reuters) - South Korean shares opened lower on Tuesday after tech giant Samsung Electronics' profit guidance beat expectations by only a modest amount.
Shares in Samsung were trading down 0.9 percent shortly after the market opened.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was down 0.2 percent at 2,006.52 points at 0003 GMT. (Reporting by Somang Yang; Editing by Joseph Radford)
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source