Seoul shares end down; Samsung Elec falls despite record profit
SEOUL Jan 8 (Reuters) - South Korean stocks finished lower on Tuesday, with investors concerned about the outlook for corporate results, even after Samsung Electronics forecast a record quarterly profit.
Samsung Electronics fell 1.3 percent, extending losses after touching a lifetime high last week.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) ended down 0.7 percent at 1,997.94 points. (Editing by Kim Coghill)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions