Seoul shares end down; Samsung Elec falls despite record profit
SEOUL Jan 8 (Reuters) - South Korean stocks finished lower on Tuesday, with investors concerned about the outlook for corporate results, even after Samsung Electronics forecast a record quarterly profit.
Samsung Electronics fell 1.3 percent, extending losses after touching a lifetime high last week.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) ended down 0.7 percent at 1,997.94 points. (Editing by Kim Coghill)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai