Seoul shares end down; Samsung Elec falls despite record profit
SEOUL Jan 8 (Reuters) - South Korean stocks finished lower on Tuesday, with investors concerned about the outlook for corporate results, even after Samsung Electronics forecast a record quarterly profit.
Samsung Electronics fell 1.3 percent, extending losses after touching a lifetime high last week.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) ended down 0.7 percent at 1,997.94 points. (Editing by Kim Coghill)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years