Target to match prices of key rivals' websites year round
Jan 8 (Reuters) - Target Corp said on Tuesday it will match on a year-round basis the prices found on the websites of key rivals Amazon.com Inc, Best Buy Co Inc , Wal-Mart Stores Inc and Toys R Us, building on a program it introduced this past holiday season.
The move comes after Target last week reported flat growth in December at stores open at least a year.
The discount chain was offering the price match between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16. In November, Target Chief Executive Gregg Steinhafel said that the retailer was not seeing a lot of price match activity in stores.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |