Target to match prices of key rivals' websites year round
Jan 8 (Reuters) - Target Corp said on Tuesday it will match on a year-round basis the prices found on the websites of key rivals Amazon.com Inc, Best Buy Co Inc , Wal-Mart Stores Inc and Toys R Us, building on a program it introduced this past holiday season.
The move comes after Target last week reported flat growth in December at stores open at least a year.
The discount chain was offering the price match between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16. In November, Target Chief Executive Gregg Steinhafel said that the retailer was not seeing a lot of price match activity in stores.
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Two adults, six children dead in Florida shooting: report