Taiwan chipmaker UMC says Dec sales fall 3.8 pct on year
TAIPEI Jan 8 (Reuters) - UMC, the world's No.2 contract chipmaker, said on Tuesday that its December sales fell 3.8 percent from a year earlier.
United Microelectronics Corp (UMC) had sales of T$7.8 billion ($269 million) last month, compared with T$8.1 billion in December last year and T$9 billion in the previous month, the company said in a statement to the Taiwan stock exchange.
UMC did not give further details.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Russia's Putin accuses U.S. of damaging world order