Taiwan chipmaker UMC says Dec sales fall 3.8 pct on year
TAIPEI Jan 8 (Reuters) - UMC, the world's No.2 contract chipmaker, said on Tuesday that its December sales fell 3.8 percent from a year earlier.
United Microelectronics Corp (UMC) had sales of T$7.8 billion ($269 million) last month, compared with T$8.1 billion in December last year and T$9 billion in the previous month, the company said in a statement to the Taiwan stock exchange.
UMC did not give further details.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor