Taiwan chipmaker UMC says Dec sales fall 3.8 percent on year
TAIPEI (Reuters) - UMC, the world's No.2 contract chipmaker, said on Tuesday that its December sales fell 3.8 percent from a year earlier.
United Microelectronics Corp (UMC) had sales of T$7.8 billion ($269 million) last month, compared with T$8.1 billion in December last year and T$9 billion in the previous month, the company said in a statement to the Taiwan stock exchange.
UMC did not give further details.
For a table on the company's website, see here
(Reporting by Roger Tung and Clare Jim; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest