Venezuela's Chavez to miss scheduled swearing-in: government
CARACAS (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez will miss Thursday's scheduled swearing-in ceremony for his third term due to health problems, the government said in a letter to Congress read out on Tuesday.
Chavez has not been heard from since undergoing his fourth cancer surgery in Cuba on December 11, and officials have described his condition as delicate.
(Reporting by Brian Ellsworth; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut