Venezuela's Chavez to miss scheduled swearing-in: government
CARACAS (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez will miss Thursday's scheduled swearing-in ceremony for his third term due to health problems, the government said in a letter to Congress read out on Tuesday.
Chavez has not been heard from since undergoing his fourth cancer surgery in Cuba on December 11, and officials have described his condition as delicate.
(Reporting by Brian Ellsworth; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- UPDATE 4-Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading