Venezuela's Chavez to miss scheduled swearing-in: government
CARACAS (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez will miss Thursday's scheduled swearing-in ceremony for his third term due to health problems, the government said in a letter to Congress read out on Tuesday.
Chavez has not been heard from since undergoing his fourth cancer surgery in Cuba on December 11, and officials have described his condition as delicate.
(Reporting by Brian Ellsworth; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- U.S. strikes Somali militant camp in bid to kill al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |