Venezuela's Chavez to miss scheduled swearing-in: government
CARACAS (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez will miss Thursday's scheduled swearing-in ceremony for his third term due to health problems, the government said in a letter to Congress read out on Tuesday.
Chavez has not been heard from since undergoing his fourth cancer surgery in Cuba on December 11, and officials have described his condition as delicate.
(Reporting by Brian Ellsworth; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- China OKs iPhone 6 sale after Apple addresses security concerns
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes