UPDATE 1-Argentina registers primary budget deficit in November
BUENOS AIRES Jan 9 (Reuters) - Argentina posted a primary budget deficit of 723.3 million pesos ($146.5 million) in November compared with a surplus of 425.9 million pesos in the same month a year earlier, the government said on Wednesday.
The primary budget balance shows government savings before debts are paid. It is an important indicator of fiscal health in Argentina, which has been virtually shut out of global credit markets since a 2002 default.
After debt repayments, November's data showed a fiscal deficit of 2.27 billion pesos. That compares with a deficit of just 50.4 million pesos in the same month a year earlier.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in row over New York envoy arrest
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials