CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends higher as TransCanada, Potash lead
TORONTO, Jan 9 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index closed marginally higher on Wednesday, as the energy and materials groups reversed earlier losses, aided by strength in TransCanada Corp and Potash Corp shares. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index finished the session up 17.43 points, or 0.14 percent, at 12,522.24. Seven of the index's main sectors advanced.
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York