CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends higher as TransCanada, Potash lead
TORONTO, Jan 9 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index closed marginally higher on Wednesday, as the energy and materials groups reversed earlier losses, aided by strength in TransCanada Corp and Potash Corp shares. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index finished the session up 17.43 points, or 0.14 percent, at 12,522.24. Seven of the index's main sectors advanced.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote