CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends higher as TransCanada, Potash lead
TORONTO, Jan 9 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index closed marginally higher on Wednesday, as the energy and materials groups reversed earlier losses, aided by strength in TransCanada Corp and Potash Corp shares. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index finished the session up 17.43 points, or 0.14 percent, at 12,522.24. Seven of the index's main sectors advanced.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |