CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends higher as TransCanada, Potash lead
TORONTO, Jan 9 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index closed marginally higher on Wednesday, as the energy and materials groups reversed earlier losses, aided by strength in TransCanada Corp and Potash Corp shares. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index finished the session up 17.43 points, or 0.14 percent, at 12,522.24. Seven of the index's main sectors advanced.
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- U.S. to Assad: Beware of interfering with U.S. air power in Syria
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area
- Iran supreme leader spurns U.S. overture to fight Islamic State |
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage