Dollar climbs to session high against the yen
NEW YORK Jan 9 (Reuters) - The dollar rallied to a session high against the yen on Wednesday as expectations of Bank of Japan monetary policy easing at a meeting due this month led some investors to sell the Japanese currency.
The dollar was last up 0.8 percent at 87.71 yen, just below the session peak of 87.76 yen.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia