Dollar climbs to session high against the yen
NEW YORK Jan 9 (Reuters) - The dollar rallied to a session high against the yen on Wednesday as expectations of Bank of Japan monetary policy easing at a meeting due this month led some investors to sell the Japanese currency.
The dollar was last up 0.8 percent at 87.71 yen, just below the session peak of 87.76 yen.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria