Dollar climbs to session high against the yen
NEW YORK Jan 9 (Reuters) - The dollar rallied to a session high against the yen on Wednesday as expectations of Bank of Japan monetary policy easing at a meeting due this month led some investors to sell the Japanese currency.
The dollar was last up 0.8 percent at 87.71 yen, just below the session peak of 87.76 yen.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated
- Ukraine opposition seeks million-strong rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel