Dollar climbs to session high against the yen
NEW YORK Jan 9 (Reuters) - The dollar rallied to a session high against the yen on Wednesday as expectations of Bank of Japan monetary policy easing at a meeting due this month led some investors to sell the Japanese currency.
The dollar was last up 0.8 percent at 87.71 yen, just below the session peak of 87.76 yen.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq