Obama to nominate Lew as Treasury secretary Thursday -source
WASHINGTON Jan 9 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama will nominate White House chief of staff Jack Lew as his next Treasury secretary on Thursday, replacing Timothy Geithner, according to a source familiar with the matter.
Lew had been widely expected to be tapped for the role. He has served as budget director for Obama and for former President Bill Clinton.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |