Obama to nominate Lew as Treasury secretary Thursday -source
WASHINGTON Jan 9 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama will nominate White House chief of staff Jack Lew as his next Treasury secretary on Thursday, replacing Timothy Geithner, according to a source familiar with the matter.
Lew had been widely expected to be tapped for the role. He has served as budget director for Obama and for former President Bill Clinton.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |