Shaw profit rises with rate increases
Jan 9 (Reuters) - Canada's Shaw Communications Inc reported higher quarterly profit on Wednesday, as higher cable and satellite rates boosted revenue.
Shaw, the dominant cable provider in Western Canada, said net income rose to C$235 million, or 49 Canadian cents a diluted share, from C$202 million, or 43 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
Revenue at the Calgary-based company rose 3.1 percent to C$1.32 billion.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details