Shaw profit rises with rate increases
Jan 9 (Reuters) - Canada's Shaw Communications Inc reported higher quarterly profit on Wednesday, as higher cable and satellite rates boosted revenue.
Shaw, the dominant cable provider in Western Canada, said net income rose to C$235 million, or 49 Canadian cents a diluted share, from C$202 million, or 43 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
Revenue at the Calgary-based company rose 3.1 percent to C$1.32 billion.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls