Shaw profit rises with rate increases
Jan 9 (Reuters) - Canada's Shaw Communications Inc reported higher quarterly profit on Wednesday, as higher cable and satellite rates boosted revenue.
Shaw, the dominant cable provider in Western Canada, said net income rose to C$235 million, or 49 Canadian cents a diluted share, from C$202 million, or 43 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
Revenue at the Calgary-based company rose 3.1 percent to C$1.32 billion.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message