AIG says will not join lawsuit against U.S. government
(Reuters) - American International Group Inc will not join a lawsuit against the U.S. government over the terms of the insurer's 2008 bailout, the company said on Wednesday.
In a statement, AIG said it expected to file a formal statement explaining its decision in coming weeks with the courts hearing the various cases.
(Reporting by Ben Berkowitz; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |