Freed Iranian hostages arrive at hotel in Damascus
Damascus (Reuters) - Forty eight Iranians released by Syrian rebels in exchange for the release of more than 2,000 civilian prisoners held by the Syrian government arrived at the Sheraton hotel in central Damascus on Wednesday, a Reuters witness said.
The men were accompanied by the Iranian ambassador to Syria and arrived in six small buses, looking tired but in good health. (Reporting by Marwan Makdesi; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |