Freed Iranian hostages arrive at hotel in Damascus
Damascus (Reuters) - Forty eight Iranians released by Syrian rebels in exchange for the release of more than 2,000 civilian prisoners held by the Syrian government arrived at the Sheraton hotel in central Damascus on Wednesday, a Reuters witness said.
The men were accompanied by the Iranian ambassador to Syria and arrived in six small buses, looking tired but in good health. (Reporting by Marwan Makdesi; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation