Freed Iranian hostages arrive at hotel in Damascus
Damascus (Reuters) - Forty eight Iranians released by Syrian rebels in exchange for the release of more than 2,000 civilian prisoners held by the Syrian government arrived at the Sheraton hotel in central Damascus on Wednesday, a Reuters witness said.
The men were accompanied by the Iranian ambassador to Syria and arrived in six small buses, looking tired but in good health. (Reporting by Marwan Makdesi; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details