Freed Iranian hostages arrive at hotel in Damascus
Damascus (Reuters) - Forty eight Iranians released by Syrian rebels in exchange for the release of more than 2,000 civilian prisoners held by the Syrian government arrived at the Sheraton hotel in central Damascus on Wednesday, a Reuters witness said.
The men were accompanied by the Iranian ambassador to Syria and arrived in six small buses, looking tired but in good health. (Reporting by Marwan Makdesi; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source