At least 2 critical injuries in NY ferry accident: official
(Reuters) - At least two of the people injured in a Wednesday morning commuter ferry accident in New York are in critical condition, and nine others are in serious condition, a city official said.
The accident occurred at 8:43 a.m. (1343 GMT) as the high-speed catamaran was docking in lower Manhattan. More than 50 people were injured in the incident, New York City Department of Transportation Commissioner Janette Sadik-Khan said at a press briefing held near the scene.
(This story has been corrected to fix spelling of surname in 2nd paragraph)
(Reporting by Dan Burns; editing by John Wallace)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee