Driver of veterans parade float hit by train will not be indicted
SAN ANGELO, Texas
SAN ANGELO, Texas Jan 9 (Reuters) - A Texas grand jury on Wednesday decided not to indict a veterans parade float driver involved in a deadly Union Pacific train crash, a Midland, Texas prosecutor said.
Assistant District Attorney Eric Kalenak said the grand jury decided not to indict Midland resident Dale Hayden, 50, who was driving the cab of the flatbed trailer veterans and their wives were sitting on during the parade.
Four veterans died in the November crash.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Amtrak train crashes into car in Virginia, driver hurt
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |