Driver of veterans parade float hit by train will not be indicted
SAN ANGELO, Texas
SAN ANGELO, Texas Jan 9 (Reuters) - A Texas grand jury on Wednesday decided not to indict a veterans parade float driver involved in a deadly Union Pacific train crash, a Midland, Texas prosecutor said.
Assistant District Attorney Eric Kalenak said the grand jury decided not to indict Midland resident Dale Hayden, 50, who was driving the cab of the flatbed trailer veterans and their wives were sitting on during the parade.
Four veterans died in the November crash.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel