Brazil inflation seen easing throughout 2013-cenbank chief
SAO PAULO Jan 10 (Reuters) - Price increases are likely to stoke inflation in Brazil in the short term but the consumer price index should ease throughout 2013, Central Bank President Alexandre Tombini said on Thursday.
Tombini made the forecast in a statement discussing Brazil's inflation rate for 2012, which ended the year at 5.84 percent, within the government's target range.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls