- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes |
- Powerful tornadoes strike in four central U.S. states |
Egypt's Mursi names new central bank chief
CAIRO Jan 10 (Reuters) - Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi has named Hisham Ramez, a former deputy central banker, as the new central bank chief after accepting the resignation of Farouk El-Okdah, the government said in a statement on Thursday.
Ramez is expected to assume his duties on Feb. 3 following the approval of the upper house of parliament, it said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this