Greece's jobless rate climbs to new record in Oct, at 26.8 pct
ATHENS Jan 10 (Reuters) - Greece's unemployment rate hit a new record of 26.8 percent in October from a revised 26.2 percent in September, the country's statistics agency ELSTAT said on Thursday.
Greece's austerity-hit economy is expected to contract for a sixth consecutive year in 2013. The unemployment rate stands at more than double the euro zone's average of 11.8 percent in November.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports