Greece's jobless rate climbs to new record in Oct, at 26.8 pct
ATHENS Jan 10 (Reuters) - Greece's unemployment rate hit a new record of 26.8 percent in October from a revised 26.2 percent in September, the country's statistics agency ELSTAT said on Thursday.
Greece's austerity-hit economy is expected to contract for a sixth consecutive year in 2013. The unemployment rate stands at more than double the euro zone's average of 11.8 percent in November.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source