Greece's jobless rate climbs to new record in Oct, at 26.8 pct
ATHENS Jan 10 (Reuters) - Greece's unemployment rate hit a new record of 26.8 percent in October from a revised 26.2 percent in September, the country's statistics agency ELSTAT said on Thursday.
Greece's austerity-hit economy is expected to contract for a sixth consecutive year in 2013. The unemployment rate stands at more than double the euro zone's average of 11.8 percent in November.
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |