Greece's jobless rate climbs to new record in Oct, at 26.8 pct
ATHENS Jan 10 (Reuters) - Greece's unemployment rate hit a new record of 26.8 percent in October from a revised 26.2 percent in September, the country's statistics agency ELSTAT said on Thursday.
Greece's austerity-hit economy is expected to contract for a sixth consecutive year in 2013. The unemployment rate stands at more than double the euro zone's average of 11.8 percent in November.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |