Jean Coutu profit rises 10 pct on higher generic drug sales
Jan 10 (Reuters) - Canadian pharmacy chain Jean Coutu Group Inc reported a 10 percent rise in third-quarter profit as sales at its generic drug manufacturing subsidiary, Pro Doc, rose.
Net profit for the quarter rose to C$56.2 million ($56.93 million), or 26 Canadian cents per share, compared with C$51.2 million, or 23 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
The Longueuil, Quebec-based company said revenue rose 2 percent to C$716.6 million. ()
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5