KBR lowers 2012 earnings forecast, shares slide 7.6 pct
Jan 10 (Reuters) - Engineering and construction company KBR Inc on Thursday lowered its 2012 earnings forecast, citing higher-than-expected project charges in its minerals and construction units.
The Houston company said it now expects 2012 earnings per diluted share between $1.95 to $2.10, down sharply from its previous forecast for earnings of $2.60 to $2.80 per share.
Shares of KBR slid 7.6 percent to $29.55 in post-market trading.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |