Lafarge confident of meeting disposal target soon
PARIS Jan 10 (Reuters) - Lafarge, the world's largest cement maker, said it is confident it will achieve its target of 1 billion euros ($1.3 billion)worth of disposals soon after securing around 800 million in asset sales since early 2012.
The company, which earlier on Thursday said it was selling six U.S. quarries as part of its plan to sell non-core operations and cut debt, is in talks with potential buyers to shed other assets, a spokesman said. ($1 = 0.7667 euros) (Reporting by Elena Berton and Gilles Guillaume; Editing by James Regan)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet