Euro rises to session highs after Spain bond auction
LONDON Jan 10 (Reuters) - The euro rose to a session high against the dollar and the yen on Thursday after Spain saw good demand at an auction of government debt.
The euro rose 0.2 percent on the day to a high of $1.3094 against the dollar and rose 0.5 percent to a peak of 115.43 yen, taking it closer to the 18-month high of 115.995 hit in early January.
Traders reported stop loss buy orders in euro/dollar at $1.3110 and $1.3115.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens, airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory