Euro climbs to one-week high vs dollar
NEW YORK Jan 10 (Reuters) - The euro climbed to a one-week high against the dollar on Thursday as investors saw no hints of the European Central Bank laying the groundwork for cuts to the benchmark interest rate.
Earlier, the central bank left its benchmark interest rate at 0.75 percent.
The euro was last up 0.9 percent at $1.3176 with the session peak at $1.3178.
The euro touched a near one-month high against the Swiss franc at 1.2127 francs.
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |