Japan's Nikkei climbs, exporters gain on weaker yen
TOKYO, Jan 10 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average rose on Thursday as renewed weakness in the yen bolstered shares of exporters, while strong export data from China also helped to lift investor sentiment. The Nikkei climbed 0.7 percent to 10,652.64, while the broader Topix gained 1.1 percent to 889.02.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone