Japan's Nikkei climbs, exporters gain on weaker yen
TOKYO, Jan 10 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average rose on Thursday as renewed weakness in the yen bolstered shares of exporters, while strong export data from China also helped to lift investor sentiment. The Nikkei climbed 0.7 percent to 10,652.64, while the broader Topix gained 1.1 percent to 889.02.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor