Swiss stocks - Factors to watch on Jan 10
ZURICH Jan 10 (Reuters) - Swiss stocks were set to open slightly firmer on Thursday, tracking other global markets higher as stronger-than-expected Chinese data bolstered confidence in the economic recovery.
The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen rising 0.1 percent to 7,158 points, according to premarket indications provided by bank Julius Baer.
The following are some of the main factors expected to affect Swiss stocks on Thursday:
BlackRock Inc. said on Thursday it is buying Credit Suisse's exchange-traded fund business for an undisclosed price.
For more, click
The world's biggest watchmaker Swatch Group said sales rose 14 percent to 8.143 billion Swiss francs ($8.78 billion)last year, beating expectations as it said it took market share from rivals.
For more, click
Nestle Purina PetCare to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train and Canyon Creek Ranch brand dog treat products after trace amounts of antibiotic residue found in samples.
For more, click on
* Schindler gaining ground in Middle East with high-visibility contracts for its leading mobility solutions in UAE and Qatar.
* Swisslog names Reto Sidler new Head Corporate Communications.
* Coltene Holding AG nominates Roland Weiger to its board of directors.
* Sika said full-year sales rose 5.8 percent to 4.82 billion francs, with emerging markets growth offsetting a drop in European demand.
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |