US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 ends at 5-yr high after China data
NEW YORK Jan 10 (Reuters) - The benchmark S&P 500 index ended at a fresh five-year high on Thursday as stronger-than-expected exports in China spurred optimism about global growth prospects.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average was up 80.56 points, or 0.60 percent, at 13,471.07. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 11.07 points, or 0.76 percent, at 1,472.09. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 15.95 points, or 0.51 percent, at 3,121.76.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |