UPDATE 1-Mexico auto production, exports hit industry record in 2012 -AMIA
MEXICO CITY Jan 10 (Reuters) - Mexico's automakers produced a record 2.88 million cars in 2012, a 12.8 percent increase over 2011, an industry group said on Thursday.
Auto exports in 2012 also hit an all-time high of 2.36 million, a 9.9 percent increase over the prior year, the Mexican Auto Industry Association (AMIA) said.
But December figures were less impressive, with exports dropping 9.7 pct compared to the same month last year to 154,724 vehicles and production edging up to 180,597 vehicles, up 0.2 percent over December 2011.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner