UPDATE 1-Mexico auto production, exports hit industry record in 2012 -AMIA
MEXICO CITY Jan 10 (Reuters) - Mexico's automakers produced a record 2.88 million cars in 2012, a 12.8 percent increase over 2011, an industry group said on Thursday.
Auto exports in 2012 also hit an all-time high of 2.36 million, a 9.9 percent increase over the prior year, the Mexican Auto Industry Association (AMIA) said.
But December figures were less impressive, with exports dropping 9.7 pct compared to the same month last year to 154,724 vehicles and production edging up to 180,597 vehicles, up 0.2 percent over December 2011.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers