Perdaman seeks A$3.5 bln in damages from ICICI Bank in coal case
Jan 10 (Reuters) - Australia's Perdaman Chemicals and Fertilisers said it has launched a damages claim against India's ICICI Bank seeking A$3.5 billion in its ongoing legal battle with India's Lanco Infratech over a stalled fertiliser project.
The comapany said in an email that it had filed its application in federal court in Perth, Australia, on Jan. 2.
The dispute centres around a coal supply deal for Perdaman's proposed coal-to-urea project in Western Australia.
Lanco and ICICI did not have immediate comment.
(Reporting by Sonali Paul in MELBOURNE and Tony Munroe in MUMBAI)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone