US antitrust authorities object to product ratings deal
WASHINGTON Jan 10 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said on Thursday it was filing a lawsuit challenging a June 2012 acquisition by Bazaarvoice Inc of its main rival, a deal the department said reduced competition in the market for product ratings platforms.
The $168.2 million purchase of PowerReviews Inc, which has been completed, was not reported to antitrust authorities under a 1976 law designed to head off illegal transactions, the department said in a news release.
- A week on, Gaza war takes on deadly routine despite calls for truce |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels |
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Special Report: How Italy became a submerging economy
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources