US antitrust authorities object to product ratings deal
WASHINGTON Jan 10 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said on Thursday it was filing a lawsuit challenging a June 2012 acquisition by Bazaarvoice Inc of its main rival, a deal the department said reduced competition in the market for product ratings platforms.
The $168.2 million purchase of PowerReviews Inc, which has been completed, was not reported to antitrust authorities under a 1976 law designed to head off illegal transactions, the department said in a news release.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two dead, four wounded after student opens fire Washington state school
- U.S. officials considering quarantines for returning healthcare workers |
- Police say New York hatchet attack by Islamic convert was terrorist attack |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |