US antitrust authorities object to product ratings deal
WASHINGTON Jan 10 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said on Thursday it was filing a lawsuit challenging a June 2012 acquisition by Bazaarvoice Inc of its main rival, a deal the department said reduced competition in the market for product ratings platforms.
The $168.2 million purchase of PowerReviews Inc, which has been completed, was not reported to antitrust authorities under a 1976 law designed to head off illegal transactions, the department said in a news release.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg phoned Obama to complain about spying
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |