Sempra completes first phase of Arizona solar power plant
Jan 10 (Reuters) - A unit of California power company Sempra Energy completed construction of the 150-megawatt first phase of the Mesquite solar photovoltaic power plant in Arizona.
The 4,000-acre project is located in Arlington about 40 miles (64 km) west of Phoenix. The first phase can power about 56,000 homes.
Construction on the first phase began in June 2011 and employed more than 450 workers.
PG&E Corp will buy the power from Mesquite 1 under a 20-year contract.
If Sempra completes other phases at the plant, it could produce up to 700 MW.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5