Vale sees iron ore market recovering, less volatile in 2013
BRASILIA Jan 10 (Reuters) - Brazil's Vale SA, the world's second-largest mining company, expects the iron ore market to recover along with the economies of key Asian markets, Chief Executive Officer Murilo Ferreira said on Thursday.
He cautioned that prices would not reach the "exuberant levels" seen between 2008 and 2010, however, though he said they would be less volatile in 2013 than in 2012.
- U.S. pledges 3,000 troops to fight Ebola; experts say more needed
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland |
- Stocks turn higher ahead of Fed meeting, oil up