Zale same-store sales rise 2.3 pct during holiday season
Jan 10 (Reuters) - Zale Corp said same-store sales rose 2.3 percent during the holiday season, continuing a trend of improving sales at the jeweler, which caters to middle-class customers.
Zales operates Zales Jewelers, Zales Outlet and Gordon's Jewelers.
Signet Jewelers Ltd, whose Kay Jewelers is Zale's most direct competitor, said on Tuesday U.S. comparable sales rose 4.7 percent during the season.
Zale's same-store sales in Canada, where it operates Peoples Jewellers, rose 2.7 percent.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows