Apache shuts 2 west Australia oilfields ahead of cyclone
SINGAPORE Jan 11 (Reuters) - Apache Corp has shut down production from offshore oilfields Stag and Van Gogh in west Australia as cyclone Narelle drew near, a company spokesman said on Friday.
"Production of domestic gas continues uninterrupted from the Varanus Island and Devil Creek hubs, although Apache will continue to closely monitor these facilities during the passage of the cyclone," the spokesman said in an email.
Cyclone Narelle, the first of the Australian season, has intensified into a category four storm, the second-highest level, and will strengthen over the weekend.
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work