Best Buy posts flat U.S. comparable sales in holiday season
Jan 11 (Reuters) - Best Buy Co Inc said holiday sales at its established U.S. stores were flat in the recent holiday season, while total revenue slipped 0.4 percent during a critical time for the world's largest electronics chain.
In the nine weeks ended Jan. 5, sales at stores open at least 14 months were flat in the United States and fell 6.4 percent internationally on declines in Canada and China, Best Buy said on Friday.
The news came amid a wide organizational restructuring under new Chief Executive Officer Hubert Joly and a looming buyout proposal by founder and former Chairman Richard Schulze.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Struggling Sears to spin off Lands' End clothing label