UPDATE 1-Brazil CPI to ease toward target mid-point-deputy minister
* Barbosa says inflation to slow throughout 2013
* Inflation ended 2013 at 5.84 pct
BRASILIA Jan 11 (Reuters) - Inflation in Brazil should slow to a level closer to the center of the official target range in 2013, Deputy Finance Minister Nelson Barbosa said on Friday.
The center of Brazil's official inflation target range is 4.5 percent, with a tolerance band of plus or minus 2 percentage points.
"We expect inflation to slow throughout the year," Barbosa told reporters in Brasilia.
Brazil's inflation closed 2012 at a faster-than-expected 5.84 percent, suggesting price pressure will get even more intense if activity picks up as expected this year.
Still, the central bank forecasts inflation will ease to 4.8 percent this year.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |