Finnish PM says ready to support Cyprus, says challenges huge
LIMASSOL Cyprus Jan 11 (Reuters) - Finland's Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen said his country is ready to support Cyprus in its attempts to secure a bailout, but the island's government needs to show stronger leadership to meet "huge challenges".
"The challenges are really huge, but I'm sure if and when the country can get a new and strong and committed leadership capable of strengthening confidence ..it will have a tremendous positive impact," he told journalists on Friday at a meeting of European centre-right parties meeting in Limassol, Cyprus.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |