Kurdish rebel group demands France explain Paris killings
ANKARA Jan 11 (Reuters) - The Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) said on Friday France would be held responsible if it failed to get to the bottom of what it called the "premeditated and organised" killing of three Kurdish activists.
"The targeting of three of our female comrades at a time like this is a premeditated, planned and organised attack," said a statement on the website of the armed wing of the PKK.
"France has a responsibility to elucidate these killings immediately. Otherwise, they will be held responsible for the massacre of our comrades."
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House