S&P affirms Ireland's BBB-plus credit rating, outlook negative
NEW YORK Jan 11 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's on Friday affirmed Ireland's BBB-plus sovereign credit rating, citing strong progress in stabilizing its fiscal position but noting risks from its high debt burden and challenges complying with its fiscal reform program.
The rating remains with a negative outlook the firm said in a statement.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |